Win 3 months support from a Peer Publishing Ltd. Director, in developing your own security industry related blog or newsletter…
Despite rumours to the contrary the written word is far from dead! We’ve been hearing for decades that in the future no one will be reading anything, it will all be videos and podcasts. That’s not been my experience, Amazon hasn’t stopped selling books, newsagents still have shelves full of magazines, publishers offer many thousands of newsletters and e-zines via the internet and their number grows daily.
If you’ve been thinking about starting your own security related blog or newsletter, then this is an opportunity to get support from Mike, an experienced writer with over 42 years’ experience. First as a commercial writer and latterly in self-publishing.
To enter please email email@example.com (With subject line: TPSO Competition) the following:
- An example of your writing – ideally 500 words on a security related topic. It does not have to already have been published and you can craft one specifically to enter this competition. If already published, you can just forward the link.
- An overview of your specialist area, experience, knowledge etc
- A copy of your CV (optional but it can help us understand how best to assist you.)
- Details of any work that you may have already completed in developing the idea?
And answer the following question: One of the reasons that people give for being reluctant to publish anything is fear of embarrassment in case they get something wrong or make a mistake. What would you do if you published some information in good faith but which later turned out to be inaccurate?
The winner will be provided with the following:
- A co.uk or .com domain name if they do not already have a website
- A WordPress blog and website set up with admin privileges using a free WordPress template together with free hosting for 12 months
- Instructions and support with learning how to post to the site if required
- A telephone or online support call approx. once fortnightly, so a minimum of 6 during the 3 months support period. More may be organised at discretion
- Email support
- Support in writing, editing, proof reading 5 blog pieces or articles (up to 1000 words)
- Skills development, feedback and suggestions on other proposed work.
Competition closes midnight 28th February 2021