Compiled by Rollo Davies
As a point of interest, I’ve had people saying “I’m a Security Guard at a factory. What’s the point of me going to any of these big security events?”…….
If you want a career in this industry, at any level, there is so much information to be had at these things. Some may not be appropriate, unless you are in a very specific field, but generally, there are so many people to chat with, that may be able to give you an important lead or heads up on a career opportunity down the line. Even just going back to work and being able to brief your bosses up on the latest developments in access control, cctv, or any of a number of cutting edge security issues, is going to make you look good. Your knowledge is power, and gaining more of it can only be good for your career or job prospects. You will also generally gain CPD points for attending such events. Win Win.
Many of the big events are free to attend, though you’ll have to book in advance, so there isn’t much of a downside. Hopefully I’ll meet you at one!
- Fire Safety Scotland: Fire Safety Scotland is an independent event dedicated to supporting Scotland’s fire and safety industry. The event features a powerful combination of education, networking and business support designed to help organisations maintain the very highest standards of fire safety management.
12th September – 13th September 2018
Scottish Event Campus ltd. (SEC). Glasgow, Scotland, G3 8YW.
- Future Fraud Professionals, Networking Event: Our focus is on supporting new professionals in their career and skills progression, and providing guidance for anyone looking to embark upon a career in the anti-fraud arena. We seek to increase engagement, support and awareness of the major issues in the counter-fraud community.
13th September 2018
Chartered Accountants’ Hall, Moorgate Place, London, EC2R 6EA.
- Emergency Services Show: The Emergency Services Show is the UK’s leading annual showcase of the blue light sector, featuring over 450 exhibitors, live demonstrations, unique learning opportunities and unrivalled networking.
19th September – 20th September 2018
Hall 5, NEC, Birmingham, B40 1NT
- North West Fire & Security Exhibition: The 5th NW Fire and Security Expo is open to all with any interest in the subject.
20th September 2018
DW Stadium, South Stand Suite, Loire Drive, Robin Park, WN5 0UZ, Wigan
- Hello! We’re the Security Institute. Networking BBQ Lunch: New members and those interested in joining, have a chance to meet some of the Directors of the Institute, and enjoy drinks and lunch with like minded individuals. There is a rumour that the TPSO’s own Rollo Davies is going, so please hunt him down and say Hi. (Doubt he’ll but you a drink though!… Ed.)
Please book at: https://security-institute.org/product-category/events/
25th September 2018.
Doggetts Coat and Badge Pub, 1 Blackfriars Bridge, London, SE1 9UD.
- Lone Worker Safety Expo: Whether you need to understand your legal obligations for managing lone and vulnerable workers or want practical advice on how to minimise risks using training and technology, our event is the perfect place to gain valuable information and guidance.
02nd October 2018
The Kings Fund. 11-13 Cavendish Square, London, W1G 0AN
- Retail Risk – Leicester Conference: A major event for Risk and Loss Prevention professionals.
04th October 2018
Walkers Hall & Keith Weller Lounge. King Power Stadium, Filbert Way, Raw Dykes Road, Leicester, LE2 7FL
- Total Security Summit: A large event for general security industry professionals. (Reading this? That includes you!)
08th October – 09th October 2018
Renaissance Manchester City Centre Hotel, Blackfriars Street, Manchester, M3 2EQ.
- Health & Safety North: Established in 2007, Health & Safety North is where safety & health practitioners and communities
from across the north of England come together to learn, network and procure.
09th October – 10th October 2018
EventCity, Manchester, M41 7TB
- Midlands Security and Risk Society, Are you involved in the insurance or security industry, and living or working in the Midlands? Whether you are an insurance risk surveyor, broker, underwriter or claims handler, or are involved in manufacturing, supplying, assessing, specifying, installing or monitoring security equipment, the Midland Security & Risk Society (MSRS) will be of interest to you.
10th October 2018
West Midlands Police Conference Centre, ‘Tally Ho’, Pershore Road, Birmingham. B5 7RN.
- Security Institute Annual Conference: The big event in the SyI calendar. Members and non members my attend but book early to avoid disappointment. Theme for this event is “Sustainable Security”
24th October 2018
The Crystal Building, One Siemens Brothers Way, Royal Victoria Dock, London, E16 1GB.
- ST18 London – Security TWENTY 18 London, Conference and Exhibition: The Conference is aimed at end users, purchasers and those who specify security products and will update attendees on the latest developments in the security sector. Whether you are in corporate security, local government CCTV or retail loss prevention we aim to get key people into the room and share knowledge.
07th November 2018
Park Inn Hotel, Bath Road, Heathrow, Middlesex, UB7 0DU
- NAHS 2018 Conference: Conference for those security staff working in the huge, UK Health Care sector.
08th November 2018
- Security & Fire Excellence Awards: Now in their nineteenth year, Security & Fire Excellence Awards has consistently broken new ground in highlighting the very best people, projects and processes that the security and fire sectors have to offer. 2018 will be no different, although you’ll find that we have made a number of category changes this year to make the event even more company, people, team and project focused.
21st November 2018
Hilton Hotel on Park Lane, 22 Park Lane, London, W1K 1BE.
- Organizational Resilience Annual Conference: This prestigious event is free to attend and brings together trusted speakers and industry leaders to share valuable insights on how to balance risk with agility in order to safeguard your business.
22nd November 2018
Venues St Paul’s, 200 Aldersgate, London, EC1A 4HD.
- International Security Expo 2018: ISE is a major, free-to-attend event, and unites the entire security community allowing shared learning and collaboration from Government, CNI, Law Enforcement, Military, Major Events, Transport & Borders, Cyber Security, Facilities and Public and Private sectors.
28th November – 29th November 2018
London Olympia, Grand Hall, Hammersmith Rd, Hammersmith, London, W14 8UX